Stay Connected, Stay Updated, Stay Together.
Austrian Government Scholarships For International Students – 2017
We are thrilled to announce that The Austrian Government is accepting applications from International students who wants to pursue a degree at any Austrian Institution.
This scholarship program is awarded to applicants who wants to obtain an Undergraduate, Masters or PhD degree at any Austrian Universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library and National Archive.
1st September 2017
All (except Austria)
To be taken at (country)
Grants, Research, Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates
Fields of Study
- Natural Sciences
- Technical Sciences
- Human Medicine
- Health Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences
- Social Science
Number of Scholarships
Value of Scholarship
- monthly scholarship instalment: 1050 EUR
- Accident and fitness insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will impact an accident and health insurance. The expenses for the insurance have to be included in the scholarship.
- The OeAD offers scholarship holders with lodging facilities (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative rate of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The prices for the accommodation have to be included in the scholarship.
- Applicants from international locations which are neither individuals of the EU nor individuals of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum relies upon on the country of origin.
In other to be eligible for this scholarship program, applicants must:
- not be more than 40 years old
- not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- have excellent results from previous educational programs
- have applied for a course of study at any Austrian Institution.
The following are required during application:
- fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
- two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation, no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university/department and must be no older than six months at the time of application
- confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
- scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- university graduation certificate of your diploma, Master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
- confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
- for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
Visit The Official Website For More Information
OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria